Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, BALLYMACARRETT, FACTORY & FOUNDRY (GREGG, SONS, & PHENIX)

Name: BATT, WILLIAM [2]
Building: CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, BALLYMACARRETT, FACTORY & FOUNDRY (GREGG, SONS, & PHENIX)
Date: 1879
Nature: New extension of nail factory and foundry on slob land beside river completed for Gregg, Sons & Phenix. Extension, built of red brick with blue brick arches and bands, comprises engine house, machine shop, stores & foundry. Bounded on river side by wall of massive squared blocks of Scrabo stone set in hydraulic mortar.
Refs: IB 21, 1 May 1879, 129-30