Selected: CO. DUBLIN, TALLAGHT, CHURCH OF ST MAELRUAIN (CI)
|Name:||SEMPLE, JOHN |
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, TALLAGHT, CHURCH OF ST MAELRUAIN (CI)|
|Nature:||New church incorporating belfry of ancient church. Consecrated 1 Nov 1829. 'the church, dedicated to St Maelruane, was built in 1829 on the site of the ancient structure, by a grant of nearly £3,000 from the late Board of First Fruits.' (Lewis)|
S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 588; Douglas Scott Richardson, Gothic Revival Architecture in Ireland (1983), 76; M. Craig, 'John Semple and his churches', Irish Arts Review Year Book 1989-1990, 145(illus.),146; Clergy of Dublin and Glendalough (2001), 245; exterior illlus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 297.