Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DUBLIN, LUCAN, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI)

Name: GANDON, JAMES
Building: CO. DUBLIN, LUCAN, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI)
Date: 1823
Nature: New church, consecrated, 7(or 19? Dec )1823.  Perhaps based on design by JG, who donated site.
Refs: Irish Times, 23 Jun 1924;  E. McParland, James Gandon: Vitruvius Hibernicus (1985), 106,206 (illus. Pl.100); Clergy of Dublin and Glendalough (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2001), 304;  exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 302.


Name: WELLAND & GILLESPIE
Building: CO. DUBLIN, LUCAN, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI)
Date: 1861
Nature: Repairs and improvements proposed 'under the Ecclesiastical Commissioners' architects'.
Refs: DB 3, 15 Oct 1861, 654

Name: DREW, THOMAS (SIR)
Building: CO. DUBLIN, LUCAN, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI)
Date: 1875
Nature: Font, executed by A. Sharp, in memory of Rev. R.H. Stewart.
Refs: IB 17, 1 Apr 1875, 88

Name: O'BRIEN, CATHERINE *
Building: CO. DUBLIN, LUCAN, CHURCH OF ST ANDREW (CI)
Date: 1924
Nature: Centenary memorial stained glass window representing parable of the Good Shepherd.  Dedicated, 22 Jun 1924..
Refs: Irish Times, 23 Jun 1924;  Gloine, https://www.gloine.ie/search/window/14157/w10 (illus.; last visited, Oct 2019).