Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. KERRY, BROSNA, CHURCH (RC)

Name: ASHLIN, GEORGE COPPINGER
Building: CO. KERRY, BROSNA, CHURCH (RC)
Date: 1866;1869
Nature: New church 'of simple character' to be built. Designed by Ashlin. Contractor: W. Walsh, Foynes. Initial plans much modified. Tower at NW angle in original design changed for bellcote in W. gable. Not begun until 1869.
Refs: Drawing (design for high altar) in IAA, Ashlin and Coleman Collection (76/1.177); DB 8, 1 Oct 1866, 243; IB 10, 1 Dec 1868, 294, 295 (illus.); Douglas Scott Richardson, Gothic Revival Architecture in Ireland (1983), ?; Frederick O'Dwyer, 'A Victorian Partnership - the architecture of Pugin & Ashlin', in J. Graby, ed., 150 Years of Architecture in Ireland: the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland 1839-1989, (RIAI, 1989), 59;  information from Dr Gerard Hyland.

Name: CHILD, ALFRED ERNEST *
Building: CO. KERRY, BROSNA, CHURCH (RC)
Date: 1908
Nature: 3-light window attr. to AEC
Refs: Nicola Gordon Bowe, David Caron & Michael Wynne, Gazetteer of Irish Stained Glass (Irish Academic Press, 1988), 58