Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, GEORGE'S STREET LOWER, ST MICHAEL'S HOSPITAL

Name: ROBINSON, JOHN LOFTUS
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, GEORGE'S STREET LOWER, ST MICHAEL'S HOSPITAL
Date: 1874-76
Nature: New 3-storey hospital to be erected on E side of Harrymount, 'which will on some future occasion be taken down and the hospital extended, so as to occupy the whole frontage of the site, 130 feet'. Harrymount for the present to be fitted up for accommodation of Sisters of Mercy, who will have charge of the hospital.   Dalkey granite with white stone dressings. . FS laid 1 Oct 1874. Opened 1876. Contractor: M. Meade.
Refs: IB 16, 1 Oct,15 Nov 1874, 264,320; 18, 15 Jun 1876, 181; 22, 15 Mar 1880, 83;  Irish Times, 2 Oct 1874;  designs exh. RHA 1875, no. 237, 1880, no. 487; also Irish Exhibition of Arts and Manufactures, Dublin, 1882 (no 635); Architect14, 20 Nov 1875, 288; Clonliffe College Archive, MS p23/9

Name: ASHLIN & COLEMAN
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, GEORGE'S STREET LOWER, ST MICHAEL'S HOSPITAL
Date: 1903a
Nature: Marble high altar. £275. Executed by E. Sharp, Dublin.
Refs: IB 45, 26 Mar 1903, 1678; E. Sharp's publicity booklet (1920s), 14

Name: O'CONNOR, GEORGE LUKE
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, GEORGE'S STREET LOWER, ST MICHAEL'S HOSPITAL
Date: 1932
Nature: Alts. & adds.
Refs: IB 74, 13 Feb,2 Jul 1932, 137,611

Name: O'CONNOR, GEORGE LUKE
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, GEORGE'S STREET LOWER, ST MICHAEL'S HOSPITAL
Date: 1932-1938
Nature: Extension, for Sisters of Mercy.
Refs: IB 74, 13 Feb 1932, 137; 80, 2 Apr 1938, 285

Name: O'CONNOR & AYLWARD
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, GEORGE'S STREET LOWER, ST MICHAEL'S HOSPITAL
Date: 1940;1949;1956
Nature: Extension, 1940; nurses' home, 1949; another extension, 1956.
Refs: Design for extensions exh. by Aylward RHA 1940, no. 253; IB 82, 8 Jun 1940, 369; 91, 23 Jul 1949, 686; 98, 19 May 1956, 455