Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, WESTMORELAND STREET, NO. 004-5 (CRAMER, WOOD & CO.)  Street numbers may have changed due to re-numbering

Name: MURRAY, WILLIAM GEORGE
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, WESTMORELAND STREET, NO. 004-5 (CRAMER, WOOD & CO.)
Date: 1867-69
Nature: New piano warehouse with pooychromatic Venetian Gothic façade on site formerly occupied by Marcus Moses. New building connects with former Agricultural Bank and with premises in Fleet St to form 'one of the largest music warehouses in the Kingdom'. Builder: Crowe & Sons, Great Brunswick St. Estimated cost £5,000. Premises naugurated, 21 Dec 1869.
Refs: IB 9, 15 Sep 1867, 243; 14, 1 Jan,1 Feb 1870, 13, 25;  Irish Times, 21 Dec 1869;  engraved interior view of very deep and spacious interior showing music warehouse and principal pianoforte gallery in Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 18, no. 205, May 1876, 169;  The Industries of Dublin (London: Spencer Blackett, n.d.), 58(illus.); Frederick O'Dwyer, The Architecture of Deane and Woodward (Cork University Press, 1997), 406-7