Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CORK, CARRIGTWOHILL, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC)

Name: ASHLIN, GEORGE COPPINGER
Building: CO. CORK, CARRIGTWOHILL, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC)
Date: 1869
Nature: Gothic, with nave & aisles. FS laid 4 Nov 1869. Opened and consecrated, 15 May 1872. Contractor: Newstead, Fermoy. Cost: £2,500.
Refs: Drawings, details of benches and designs for predieu, in IAA, Ashlin & Coleman drawings collection, 76/1.180; IB 11, 15 Nov 1869, 263; JCHAS (1975) (1), 4; Frederick O'Dwyer, 'A Victorian Partnership - the architecture of Pugin & Ashlin', in J. Graby, ed.,150 Years of Architecture in Ireland: the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland 1839-1989, (RIAI, 1989), 59;  information from Dr Gerard Hyland, citing Stephen Welsh Papers on EW Pugin (1975) in RIBA Collection, Victoria & Albert Museum, London.