Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, RATOATH ROAD (CABRA), ST MARY'S ASYLUM FOR THE DEAF & BLIND

Name: O'NEILL & BYRNE
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, RATOATH ROAD (CABRA), ST MARY'S ASYLUM FOR THE DEAF & BLIND
Date: 1878-79
Nature: Additions comprising 3-storey L-shaped block and attached single block arranged round small court. FS laid 17 Apr 1879. Bulders: Mead & Son.
Refs: Drawings, 1878, formerly in office archives of W.H. Byrne & Son; J.J. Tracey, 'A dissertation on the buildings of John O'Neill and O'Neill and Byrne, architects, 1862-1883', unpublished thesis presented as part of Master of Architecture degree course, Queen's University, Belfast, 1987, 83-4,220-221