Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, ST MARY'S ASYLUM FOR THE FEMALE BLIND

Name: GEOGHEGAN, CHARLES
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, ST MARY'S ASYLUM FOR THE FEMALE BLIND
Date: 1866-68
Nature: FS laid 18 Sep 1866 by Cardinal Cullen. For Irish Sisters of Charity. Contractor: J. McCormack. Also grotto.
Refs: DB 8, 1 Oct,1,15 Dec 1866, 242,289,293; B 24, 17,24 Nov 1866, 859,872;  Irish Times, 22 Sep 1869;  MS list of drawings in stable of CG, 2 Oct 1896, in possession of Joe macEochag√°in, 2006 (photocopy in IAA, RP.B.48 (1-3))

Name: O'NEILL & BYRNE
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, ST MARY'S ASYLUM FOR THE FEMALE BLIND
Date: 1874-84
Nature: Adds. comprising gate lodge, 1874, chapel, 1875-78, schoolroom and dormitory block, 1875, new entrance between chapel and Merrion Castle, 1877, additional dormitory, 1878. for Irish Sisters of Charity.
Refs: Drawings, 1875-78, formerly in office archives of W.H. Byrne & Son; J.J. Tracey, 'A dissertation on the buildings of John O'Neill and O'Neill and Byrne, architects, 1862-1883', unpublished thesis presented as part of Master of Architecture degree course, Queen's University, Belfast, 1987, 221-222

Name: BYRNE, WILLIAM HENRY
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, ST MARY'S ASYLUM FOR THE FEMALE BLIND
Date: 1884
Nature: Extension to industrial school. For Irish Sisters of Charity. Contractor: Richard Toole.
Refs: Contract drawings, dated 8 Oct 1884, formerly in office archives of W.H. Byrne & Son; J.J. Tracey, 'A dissertation on the buildings of John O'Neill and O'Neill and Byrne, architects, 1862-1883', unpublished thesis presented as part of Master of Architecture degree course, Queen's University, Belfast, 1987, 223

Name: BYRNE, WILLIAM HENRY, & SON
Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MERRION ROAD, ST MARY'S ASYLUM FOR THE FEMALE BLIND
Date: 1909
Nature: Infirmary & refectory block for Irish Sisters of Charity.
Refs: Drawings, 1909, formerly in office archives of W.H. Byrne & Son