||CO. CAVAN, BALLYHAISE, MARKET HOUSE
||Attr. to RC by Knight of Glin. For Brockhill Newburgh, M.P. Collapsed 1736.According to Mulligan, descriptions of the building 'invite comparison with a contemporary design for a polygonal summerhouse by Sir Edward Lovett Pearce, whose assistant Richard Castle has long been associated with Ballyhaise'.
The Knight of Glin, 'Richard Castle, architect, his biography and works' in BIGS 7, no. 1 (Jan - Mar 1964), 32-38; Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 164.