Selected: CO. CAVAN, DRUMALOOR, CHURCH (CI, BELTURBET)
|Name:||CARROLL, JAMES RAWSON|
|Building:||CO. CAVAN, DRUMALOOR, CHURCH (CI, BELTURBET)|
|Nature:||New chapel of ease in parish of Belturbet. Nave, polygonal chancel, S porch, N robing room, bell turret on W gable. Circular window in W gable. Contr: Robert Smith. Opened Jan 1871; consecrated 4 Jun 1875. One of last churches built by Ecclesiastical Commissioners.
Drawings, signed and dated 1869, in RCB Library, portfolio 20; Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 17, no. 193, 22 Jun 1875, 130; Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 211; exterior illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 239.