Selected: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, ESSEX STREET EAST, DOLPHIN HOTEL
|Name:||O'CALLAGHAN, JOHN JOSEPH|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, ESSEX STREET EAST, DOLPHIN HOTEL|
|Nature:||Rebuilding (and extension) at 33 and 34 Essex Street and Crampton Court; 'probably the last important secular Gothic builiding to be erected in the city' (O'Dwyer). For Michael Nugent. Contractor: H. & J. Martin. Adds. & alts., 1894. Contractor: Donovan.
IAA, PKS 0695, 0696, 0741, B13/33, B14/22, B15/40 (missing), B16/14, B18/10, A07 (May 1887-Mar 1889, Jul-Aug 1891, Jul 1894, pp.107,291,300-30); Irish Times, 1 Sep 1894; M.J. McDermott, Ireland's Architectural Heritage, 104; Frederick O'Dwyer, The Architecture of Deane and Woodward (Cork University Press, 1997), 403; Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 442.