||BYRNE, RALPH HENRY
||CO. LONGFORD, MULLINALAGHTA (GRANARD), CHURCH OF ST COLUMKILLE (RC)
||New Irish romanesque/gothic church, with tower and battlements, replacing earlier church of 1832. For Rev. Henry Doyle. Fine cut stone taken from nearby mansion at Derrycasson which was bought and dismantled. FS laid, 8 Oct 1939. Church formally blessed and opened, 5 Oct 1941. Cost: £7,770.
Drawings, 1939, formerly in office archives of W.H. Byrne & Son; IB 81, ? ?, 25 Nov 1939, 902, 956; James MacNamee, History of the Diocese of Ardagh (1954), 762.