Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. CORK, CROSSHAVEN, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI, TEMPLEBRADY PARISH)

Name: BURGES, WILLIAM #
Building: CO. CORK, CROSSHAVEN, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI, TEMPLEBRADY PARISH)
Date: 1866-68p
Nature: Early Celtic. FS laid 31 Oct 1866. Consecrated Trinity Sunday 1868. Construction supervised by Robert Walker. Cost: £2,000. Intended tower never built.
Refs: Undated exterior and interior elevations of proposed tower, signed by Burges's office manager, John Starling Chapple, in Representaitve Church Body Library, see RCB Library - Architectural Drawings  https://archdrawing.ireland.anglican.org/items/show/2009-2010 (last visited, Feb 2017);  IB 15, 15 Apr 1873, 106(illus.); D. O'Murchada, History of Crosshaven (1967), ?; Douglas Scott Richardson, Gothic Revival Architecture in Ireland (1983), 637; J. Mordaunt Crook, William Burges and the High Victorian Dream (1981), 209

Name: HILL, W.H., & SON
Building: CO. CORK, CROSSHAVEN, CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI, TEMPLEBRADY PARISH)
Date: 1911
Nature: Proposed addition on N side of church. (Not executed.)
Refs: Proposed designs and accompanying letter, Mar 1911, in Representative Church Body Library, see RCB Library - Architectural Drawings, https://archdrawing.ireland.anglican.org/items/show/2011-2012 (last visited, Feb 2017).