Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DONEGAL, MOVILLE, CHURCH OF ST COLUMB (CI)

Name: WELLAND, JOSEPH
Building: CO. DONEGAL, MOVILLE, CHURCH OF ST COLUMB (CI)
Date: ?
Nature: New chapel-of-ease in parish of Moville Lower. Early English. Nave & chancel with tower and spire. Consecrated, 7Jun 1858. Cost about £1,600; 'upwards of £1000 subscribed by Rev. S. Montogmery, rector, who also gave site, and his immediate relatives. 
Refs: Signed undated drawings (detail of tower marked 'cancelled') in RCB Library, portfolio 10A;  Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 1, no. 27 (Jun 1858), 547;  J.B. Leslie, Derry Clergy, 267; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 432;  F.W. Fawcett and D.W.T. Crooks, eds., Clergy of Derry & Raphoe (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1999),  167,168(illus.).