||New church on different site from that of old church (1814), given by Lord Lansdowne. Chancel, nave & N aisle. It is intended to have a handsome tower and spire, towards which a large contribution has been made by Lord Lansdowne. Superintending architect: William Gillespie. Windows presented by John Townsend Trench. Church consecrated and dedicated, 31 Aug 1858. Tower & spire, 'just completed' in Oct 1859. Contractor: D.W. Murphy, Bantry.
Elevations, plan, sections, details in RCB Library, portfolio 2, see RCB Library - Architectural Drawings, www.archdrawing.ireland.anglican.org (last visited, Feb 2016); Cork Examiner, 8 Sep 1858 (information from Roger Herlihy, Cork, Mar 2011); Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 1, no. 31 (Oct 1858), 622; DB 1, 1 Nov 1859, 147; J.B Leslie, ed. D.W.T. Crooks. Clergy of Limerick - Clergy of Ardfert and Agahadoe: biographical succession lists (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2015), 147(illus.); also illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 389.