Selected: CO. LONGFORD, LANESBOROUGH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI, RATHCLINE PARISH)
|Building:||CO. LONGFORD, LANESBOROUGH, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI, RATHCLINE PARISH)|
|Nature:||Rebuilding of church of 1678. Nave, chancel, S porch & gable bellcote.Building started in spring of 1859.
Dedicated 23 Apr 1862.
Unsigned, undated drawing, inscr. with date of dedication,Representative Church Body Library, MS 139 (C:\WP51\ARCH), see also RCB Library - Architectural Drawings, https://archdrawing.ireland.anglican.org/items/show/65-73 (last visited, Mar 2017); B 16, 13 Nov 1858, 766; Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 1, no. 36 (Apr 1859), 708; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 372; exterior illus.in Clergy of Kilmore, Elphin and Ardagh (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2008), 300, and in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 249.