||New cruciform Gothic church. FS laid St Swithin's Day, 1856. Contractor: Henry & Sons. Cost £7,000-£8,000. Site and £4000 given by Salters' Company. FS laid, 15 Jul 1856 (St Swithin's Day; dedication to St Swithin probably because Salters' Hall in London was then in St Swithin's Lane.) £1,000 contributed by Ecclesiastical Commissioners. (Spire rebuilt in 1993.) Consecrated, 7 Apr 1858. Stained glass by Ward of London.
Unsigned, undated st of drawings in RCB Library, portfolio 2B, also plans, elevations, signed J. Welland, one inscr. as approved by Archbishop of Armagh Rev. C.K. Irwin, rector in RCB Library, MS 139 (C:\WP51\ARCH); Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 1, no. 5 (Aug 1856), 85; no. 25 (Apr 1858), 497; no. 27 (Jun 1858), 548; B 14, 2 Aug 1856, 426; IB 1, 1 Apr 1860, 232 (obituary of JW); Leslie, Armagh Clergy, 366; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 411-12; R. Oram, Expressions of Faith: Ulster's Church Heritage (2001), 107-8(illus.); Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 128(illus.).