Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. LOUTH, DROGHEDA, KING STREET, CHRISTIAN BROTHERS' SCHOOL & CONVENT

Name: PUGIN & ASHLIN
Building: CO. LOUTH, DROGHEDA, KING STREET, CHRISTIAN BROTHERS' SCHOOL & CONVENT
Date: 1867
Nature: New. Lombardo-Gothic. FS laid 19 Apr 1867. Opened 29 Mar 1868. Builder: Thomas Connolly, West St, Drogheda.
Refs: Undated perspectives of exterior in IAA, Ashlin & Coleman drawings collection, Acc. 76/1.45/1,2; IB 9, 15 Mar,1 Oct 1867, 72(illus.),262; 10, 1 Apr 1868, 89; George Henry Bassett, Louth County Guide and Directory (1886), 113; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 242; Frederick O'Dwyer, 'A Victorian Partnership - the architecture of Pugin & Ashlin', in J. Graby, ed.,150 Years of Architecture in Ireland: the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland 1839-1989, (RIAI, 1989), 60