Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. WEXFORD, LADY'S ISLAND, CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION (RC)

Name: PUGIN & ASHLIN
Building: CO. WEXFORD, LADY'S ISLAND, CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE ASSUMPTION (RC)
Date: 1862-64
Nature: New. Contractor: Richard Pierce. Bricks donated by John Hyacinth Talbot of Ballybrent. FS laid 11 May 1863. Opened 15 Aug 1864.
Refs: DB 5, 1 May 1863, 79; undated design for pulpit in IAA, Ashln & Coleman Collection, 76/1.201; Wexford Independent, 16 Aug 1862,15 Aug 1864 (information kindly supplied by Conor O'Brien, Annacurra, Co. Wicklow); Frederick O'Dwyer, 'A Victorian Partnership - the architecture of Pugin & Ashlin', in J. Graby, ed.,150 Years of Architecture in Ireland: the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland 1839-1989, (RIAI, 1989), 58-59;  information from Dr Gerard Hyland;  Churches of the Diocese of Ferns (Booklink, 2004), 113(illus.).