Selected: CO. CORK, MACROOM, COURT HOUSE & BRIDEWELL
|Name:||PAIN, GEORGE RICHARD|
|Building:||CO. CORK, MACROOM, COURT HOUSE & BRIDEWELL|
|Nature:||GRP supervising architect. (One of 5 court houses built to the Pains' 'Design for a court house and bridewell to be built in the different sessions towns in the County of Cork' of 6 May 1824)
Portrayed by Lewis as 'a neat building of hewn limestone, ornamented with a cornice and pediment supported by two broad pilasters, betweeen which is a handsome Venetian window, and connected with it is a bridewell. Described as 'new built' by Lawson in 1842.
NA/SPO CSORP 1826/13,534 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc.2008/44); David Lee & Debbie Jacobs, James Pain, architect (Limerick Civic Trust, 2005), 189. S. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837), II, 328; J.P. Lawson, Gazetteer of Ireland (1842), 631.