Selected: CO. WICKLOW, ENNISKERRY, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC)
|Building:||CO. WICKLOW, ENNISKERRY, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC)|
|Nature:||New church for Rev. Thomas O'Dwyer on site given by Lord Powerscourt.. Cost £10,000. FS laid 3 Apr 1858. Opened, 18 Jun 1860, but spire still to be completed. Contractor: W.H. Beardwood?
|Refs:||Clonliffe College Archive, MS P1/2, which states that architect was 'Beardwood' (this may mean that Beardwood was the contractor); B 16, 27 Mar,10 Apr 1858, 214,250; Lord Walter Fitzgerald, A Hundred years of Bray and its neighbourhood, 1770-1870 (Dublin, 1907), 69; Brendan Grimes, Majestic Shrines and Graceful Sanctuaries: the church architecture of Patrick Byrne 1783-1864 (Dublin: Irish Academic Press, 2009), 86(illus.),86(illus.),102,,177(plan).|