Selected: CO. DOWN, PORTAFERRY, PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
|Building:||CO. DOWN, PORTAFERRY, PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH|
|Nature:||Greek revival church with hexastyle portico. Builders: William & Robert McDowell. (contract £1050).
|Refs:||Contract, 1 Jul 1839 between committe of church and William and Robert McDowell, builders, Killyleagh, in PRONI, CR3/24/1/6 (JM named as architect, see PRONI e-catalogue); Civil Engineer and Architect's Journal 5 (Feb,1842), 67 (quoting Downpatrick Recorder; C.E. B. Brett, 'Brett on John Millar, Architect, of Belfast', Ulster Architect, Sep/Oct 1994, 5,6(illus.); Simon Walker, Historic Ulster Churches (Institute of Irish Studies, 2000), 85(illus.)|