Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Selected: CO. DOWN, MAYOBRIDGE, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (RC)

Name: MURRAY, JOHN [2]
Building: CO. DOWN, MAYOBRIDGE, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (RC)
Date: 1859-1862
Nature: New church, replacing one of 1806 (which became church hall). Early English. FS laid 15 Aug 1859. Dedicated 12 Sep (or Oct?) 1862. Designed by J. J. McCarthy. Clerk of Works: John Murray, Dundalk. Builder: McGaughy, Armagh. Cost about £4,000.
Refs: B 17, 17 Sep 1859, 616-7; DB 1, 1 Oct 1859, 133; 4, 1 Sep 1862, 224; E. Campbell, Ecclesiastical Buildings in the Diocese of Dromore (1940), 7; Jeanne Sheehy, J.J. McCarthy and the Gothic Revival in Ireland (UAHS, 1977), 52; P.J. Geraghty, A Heritage in Stone: the life and career of architect John Murray (1994), 32-33

Name: MCCARTHY, JAMES JOSEPH
Building: CO. DOWN, MAYOBRIDGE, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (RC)
Date: 1859-1862
Nature: New church, replacing one of 1806 (which became church hall). Early English. FS laid 15 Aug 1859. Dedicated 12 Sep (or Oct?) 1862. Clerk of Works: John Murray, Dundalk. Builder: McGaughy, Armagh. Cost about £4,000.
Refs: B 17, 17 Sep 1859, 616-7; DB 1, 1 Oct 1859, 133; 4, 1 Sep 1862, 224; E. Campbell, Ecclesiastical Buildings in the Diocese of Dromore (1940), 7; Jeanne Sheehy, J.J. McCarthy and the Gothic Revival in Ireland (UAHS, 1977), 52; P.J. Geraghty, A Heritage in Stone: the life and career of architect John Murray (1994), 32-33