Selected: CO. ROSCOMMON, KEADUE, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC, KILRONAN PARISH)
|Name:||MCCARTHY, JAMES JOSEPH|
|Building:||CO. ROSCOMMON, KEADUE, CHURCH OF ST MARY (RC, KILRONAN PARISH)|
|Nature:||New church in Early Decorated Gothic style. By McCarthy & O'Connell. Site given by E.K. Tenison of Kilronan Castle. FS laid 15 Aug 1860. Work under way 1862 (but not completed?) Contractor: Barker. Dedicated, 1885.
|Refs:||DB 2, 1 Sep 1860, 330; 4, 1 Apr 1862, 86; IB 15, 15 Feb 1873 (advertisement for tenders); James MacNamee, History of the Diocese of Ardach (1954), 704; Jeanne Sheehy, J.J. McCarthy and the Gothic Revival in Ireland (UAHS, 1977), 55.|