Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Carpenter and builder, of Dublin. John Capper, of 40 Jervis Street, appears in Wilson's Dublin Directory and the Post Office Dublin Directory between 1836 and 1844. He may be the same person as the 'Mr. John Capper, Paradise-row' who some years earlier was a subscriber to William Stitt's The Practical Architect's Ready Assistant; or Builder's Complete Companion(Dublin, 1819). There was also a John Capper who was admitted to the Royal Dublin Society's schools of figure drawing and landscape and ornament in 1824.(1)


(1) Gitta Willemson, The Dublin Society Drawing Schools 1746-1876 (2000), 14.