ROBINSON, JOHN 
- Born: - Died: -
Marble and stone cutter, of Donegall Street and later of York Street, Belfast. John Robinson was active from the 1840s or earlier until the 1880s or later, initially as Robinson, Kelly & Brown, then as Robinson & Kelly and eventually as John Robinson & Son. As well as producing a number of mural monuments for Church of Ireland churches, Robinson was responsible for the Millar Memorial, erected at the junction of William Street and Charles Street, Lurgan, in 1859.(1)
(1) Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 431, Pl. 108; Mulligan, op. cit., also identifies a number of church monuments by Robinson and Robinson & Son on pp. 81,186,194,265, 298 and 469.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for ROBINSON, JOHN 
|Building:||CO. ARMAGH, LURGAN , WILLIAM STREET (& CHARLES STREET), MILLAR MEMORIAL|
|Nature:||Gothic monument in memory of the Rev. Thomas Millar (d. 1858).
|Refs:||Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 431, Pl. 108.|