CUNNANE, WILLIAM & JACK *
- Born: - Died: -
Contractors, possibly from Knock, Co. Mayo,(1) who designed and built the church of Our Lady of Knock, Ballintra, Ballybay, Co. Monaghan,in 1939 to replace a T-plan church of 1788.(2)
(1) The obituary of Mary Keenan from Knock, Co. Mayo, in the Mayo News, 12 Aug 2010, states that her husband Pat Keenan from Ballybay, Co. Monaghan, 'was employed by Jack Cunnane from Knock. They had met when Jack was doing a job on the church in Ballybay and Jack decided to ask Pat if he would like to continue working for him.'
(2) Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 157.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for CUNNANE, WILLIAM & JACK *
|Building:||CO. MONAGHAN, BALLINTRA (BALLYBAY), CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF KNOCK (RC)|
|Nature:||New 7-bay church to replace T-plan church of 1788. Built and designed by William and Jack Cunnane.
Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 157-8.
Parish of Tullycorbet, http://www.tullycorbetparish.com/ParishHistory.htm (last visited, Jan 2014).