ELVERY, BEATRICE (LADY GLENAVY) *
- Born: 1881 Died: 1970
Stained-glass designer and painter. Beatrice Elvery, the second daughter of William Elvery, a Dublin businessman, studied art at the Metropolitan School of Art under William Orpen. In 1903 she was invited by SARAH HENRIETTA PURSER to become a designer for An Tur Gloine, Purser's newly-established stained-glass studio, and as such she designed a number of stained glass windows in Ireland before her marriage to Charles Campbell, Lord Glenavy in 1912.
2 work entries listed in chronological order for ELVERY, BEATRICE (LADY GLENAVY) *
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, MOUNT STREET CRESCENT, ST STEPHEN'S CHURCH (CI)|
|Nature:||Designed stained glass window (Christ disputing with the doctors) in S wall of nave for An Tur Gloine studio.
Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 559, Pl.85.
|Building:||CO. ARMAGH, GRANGE (LOUGHGALL), CHURCH OF ST AIDAN (CI)|
|Nature:|| E window (4 Evangelists; Parables, Ascension) in memory of Sir Capel Molyneux.
Gloine, http://www.gloine.ie/gloine/diocese/building/3416/ (last visited, Feb 2014).