HARRISON, LOUIS FREDERICK *
- Born: 1865/6 Died: -
Monumental sculptor, of 29 Great Brunswick Street,Dublin, active in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Louis frederick Harrison was a younger son of CHARLES WILLIAM HARRISON . The 1911 census records that he was aged forty five, was a member of the Church of Ireland, had married his wife Sarah Ellen in 1892 or 1893 and was the father of two daughters, Gladys and Phyllis.(1)
Address: 29 Great Brunswick Street, Dublin, <=1896- >=1911.
(1) http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000218966/ .
(2) Post Office Dublin Directory (1896).
5 work entries listed in chronological order for HARRISON, LOUIS FREDERICK *
|Building:||CO. KILDARE, MAUDLINS (NAAS), GRAVEYARD|
|Nature:||Marble memorial cross to the De Burgh family.|
|Refs:||IB 37, 1 May 1895, 112.|
|Building:||CO. CARLOW, TULLOW, CHURCH OF ST COLUMBA (CI)|
|Nature:||Celtic cross in graveyard erected in memory of late rector, Rev. John Drapes (d. 1896).
Irish Times, 13 Nov 1896
|Building:||CO. SLIGO, EASKEY, CEMETERY|
|Nature:||Monument to Capt. James Caulfield Beamish of polished grey granite.|
|Refs:||IB 39, 1 Feb 1897, 23.|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, ST ANDREW'S STREET, ST ANDREW'S CHURCH (CI, 3RD)|
|Nature:||Memorial in grounds to members of 74th (Dublin) Company Imperial Yeomanry who fell in South Africa, 1899-1902. Designed by A.E. Murray. Unveiled by Duke of Connaught, 12 May 1904.|
|Refs:||Irish Times, 14 May 1904.|
|Building:||CO. CAVAN, TEMPLEPORT, CHURCH OF ST PETER (CI)|
|Nature:||Monument to Rev Joseph Rawlins (d.1907).
Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 551.