SCOTT, CHARLES WILLIAM
- Born: - Died: -
Engineer to the Commissioners of Irish Lights, 1900-1930. Charles William Scott, who came from a family of brilliant scholars, was a son of Edward Ashley Scott, fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge. He was born in Ireland in about 1867 and educated at Haileybury School and Trinity College Dublin, obtaining the BAI degree in 1889. In 1894 he was appointed assistant engineer to the Commissioners of Irish Lights under WILLIAM DOUGLASS , whom he succeeded as engineer in 1900. He remained in the post until 1930. He was the author of History of the Fastnet Lighthouse (1906).
Inst.CE: elected associate member, 11 April 1899.
Addresses: Lansdowne, Bray, 1912-1914.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for SCOTT, CHARLES WILLIAM
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUN LAOGHAIRE, CROFTON ROAD, IRISH LIGHTHOUSE & LIGHTSHIP STORES|
|Nature:||Additions to stores & workshops. Estimated cost of Clifton & Cooper's tender, £4,322.|
|Refs:||IAA, PKS 0108, A09 (Mar 1928)|