Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Carpenter, of 19 Whitefriar Street, Dublin, listed as such in Wilson's Dublin Directory for the years 1825 to 1827. William Jones, who occupied the same premises as SAMUEL JONES [1] SAMUEL JONES [1] , was probably the latter's son.   According to the recollections of his fellow tradesmen, writing in 1834,(1) he succeeded to his father's business, which failed, and died 'very poor' after his property had been sold off.


(1) Royal Irish Academy, Haliday MS 4B 31;  this manuscript is a copy of a report presented to Daniel O'Connell in 1834 to support the argument for repealing the Act of Union by describing the catastrophic impact the Act had had on the tradesmen of Dublin.