Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stonecutter, of New Street, Dublin, who witnessed the will of Mary Giball of New Street on 15 June 1798 and the memorial of the same on 16 May 1797.(1)  A stonecutter named John Miller continues to be listed in the directories at addresses in New Street - until the later 1830s: at No. 63 from 1806 or earlier until 1815 and at No. 41 from 1818 or earlier until at least 1836.   He may be the J. Miller whose monument to Rebecca Guinness (d. 1819) is on the south wall of the gallery in St Werburgh's Church of Ireland church, Dublin.(2) 


(1) E. Ellis & P.B. Eustace, eds., Registry of Deeds Dublin: Abstracts of Wills III 1785-1832 (1984), 117 (no. 194).
(2) Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 344.