HASTINGS & CRICKARD *
- Born: - Died: -
Builders, of Downpatrick and Newtownards, Co. Down, who restored the east window of Downpatrick Cathedral, 1898.(1) Perhaps connected with Samuel Hastings, contractor, who carried out the stonework for the Catholic chapel at Crossgar, Co. Down, in 1867.(2) William Crickard & Son, builders, of Downpatrick subscribed to George Lister Sutcliffe,ed., The Principles and Practice of Modern House-Construction (London, 1898).(3)
(1) Building News 74, 18 Feb 1898, 231.
(2) IB 9, 1 Mar 1867, 68.
(3) MS list of subscribers from Belfast and other towns in the northern counties (photocopy in IAA, Acc. 2009/066).
1 work entries listed in chronological order for HASTINGS & CRICKARD *
|Building:||CO. DOWN, DOWNPATRICK, CATHEDRAL OF THE HOLY TRINITY (CI)|
|Nature:||Restoration of east window|
|Refs:||Building News 74, 18 Feb 1898, 231|