MCCULLOUGH, DAVID *
- Born: - Died: -
Marble and stone mason, of Dobbin Street, Armagh, listed as such in the Belfast and Province of Ulster Directory (1852), 477. He executed the monument to the Rev. Charles Beresford (d. 1848) in Moybolough parish church in Bailieborough, Co. Cavan,(1 the Acheson memorial (1867) in St John's church, Mullaghbrack, Co. Armagh.(2) and is presumably the 'McCullagh' of Armagh who executed the font in St Mary's church, Belturbet, in 1863.(3) He exhibited a chimneypiece and a pedestal for a bust at the Dublin International Exhibition of Arts and Manufactures,1865.(4)
David McCullough was probably related to JOHN MCCULLOUGH , who worked as a monumental mason in Armagh in the latter decades of the nineteenth century.
Address: Dobbin Street, Armagh.
(1) Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013),148.
(2) Mulligan, op. cit., 446.
(3) Mulligan, op. cit., 194.
(4) Section XXVII, Manufactures in Mineral Substances: p. 30, no. 763, see 'D. McCullough', Mapping the Practice and Profession of Sculpture in Britain and Ireland 1851-1951, University of Glasgow History of Art and HATII, online database 2011 [http://sculpture.gla.ac.uk/view/organization.php?id=msib3_1218440367, accessed 27 May 2014].
2 work entries listed in chronological order for MCCULLOUGH, DAVID *
|Building:||CO. CAVAN, BELTURBET, CHURCH (CI, ANNAGH PARISH)|
|Refs:||Armagh Guardian, 16 Oct 1863; DB 5, 1 Nov 1863, 181|
|Building:||CO. ARMAGH, MULLAGHBRACK (OR MULLABRACK), CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)|
|Nature:||Arcaded Romanesque monument to 2nd Earl of Gosford (d. 1849)
Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 446.