Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Surveyor and engineer, of Dublin, active from the 1850s onwards. William Carter prepared maps relating to the Pembroke Estate in 1851, 1855 and 1858(1) and is probably the person of the same name who was admitted to the Royal Dublin Society's schools of architecture and landscape and ornament in 1847.(2) He appears to have died some time between 1900 and 1907, when only a Mrs Carter remained in his house in Elgin Road,

Addresses:(3) 81 Leeson Street Upper, <=1857->=1863; 11 Elgin Road, <=1869->=1900.


(1) NA, Pembroke Estate papers, 2011/2/3/11.14,17.
(2) Gitta Willemson, The Dublin Society Drawing Schools 1746-1876 (2000), 1847.
(3) From Thom's and Post Office directories.