WILSON, JOHN 
- Born: - Died: 1794
Architect and agent to the Governors of the Blue Coat School, Dublin. John Wilson, who had previously been a Governor of the Blue Coat School was given charge of the finishing of the new school building in Blackhall Place on 22 November 1780, following the resignation of THOMAS IVORY. (2) His account keeping wes very lax, and when he died in 1794 he owed the school £1,300. His wife survived him. He may be the same person as JOHN WILSON .
Unless otherwise stated, information in this entry is from Lesley Whiteside, A History of the King's Hospital(1975), 53-55.
(1) Thus descirbed by M. Craig, Dublin 1660-1860 (1952), 220; according to Whiteside, op. cit. above, 55, he was 'a former city surveyor'.
(2) School records (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44); Craig, op.cit., 219.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for WILSON, JOHN 
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, BLACKHALL PLACE, BLUE COAT SCHOOL|
|Nature:||Placed in charge of finishing school after resignation of Thomas Ivory in 1780.|
M. Craig, Dublin 1660-1860 (1952), 219-20; Lesley Whiteside, A History of the King's Hospital(1975), 53-55; Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 253.