Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architectural sculptor. 'E.W. Thornhill, 7 Pleasant Villas, Lower King Street, Dublin',(1) was awarded the second prize of 5 guineas for a carved stone panel by the Architectural Museum in London in 1862.(1) Possibly connected with the 'Thornhill of Cork' who executed the 'boldly carved heads' which supported the roof principals in HENRY HILL' HENRY HILL' s new church of St Edmund, Coolkenure, Co. Cork, which was consecrated in 1865.(2)


(1) Such an address does not exist in the directories of the period.
(2) B 20, 8 Mar 1962, 167.
(3) DB 7, 1 Sep 1865, 214