- Born: - Died: -
According to Hugh Dixon,(1), the architect named Hughes who practised with CHARLES A. SHERRY circa 1868 as Sherry & Hughes, was named Robert Hughes. Given Sherry's association with JAMES HUGHES over the additions to Moy Church of Ireland church, Co. Tyrone, in 1867-69, it seems possible that Robert Hughes was a son or connection of the latter.
For WORKS of Sherry & Hughes, see CHARLES A. SHERRY.
Notes in the Monuments and Buldings Record of Northern Ireland, cited by C.E.B Brett, Buildings of County Armagh (UAHS, 1999), 114.