Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Building contractors, of Waterford and Limerick. The business appears to have been established in Limerick by the late 1850s, a branch being opened in Waterford soon afterwards. The Waterford branch was headed by James Thomas Ryan, who was mayor of Waterford from 1875 until 1877.(1) Following his death, his son, GEORGE ROBERT RYAN  GEORGE ROBERT RYAN (1864-1932), became senior partner in the Waterford firm, which eventually transferred its activities back to Limerick. JOHN A. RYAN  JOHN A. RYAN was another of James Thomas Ryan's sons.


All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from the obituary of George B. Ryan in IB 74, 17 Dec 1932, 1130.

(1) Eamonn McEneaney, A History of Waterford and its Mayors (Waterford Corporation, 1995), 234.