Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Measurer, of Dublin, listed as such in Wilson's Dublin Directory between 1791(1) and 1795, with an address at 37 Mary's Abbey from 1791 to 1793 and at 8 Bull Lane from 1794 to 1795. Perhaps the same person as the Richard Ryan who was JAMES GANDON' JAMES GANDON' s principal clerk for the building of the Four Courts.(2)


(1) In 1790 he appears, probably by mistake, as a 'starch manufacturer'.
(2) JHCI 13, cc/ii (or 11?) (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44).