Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stonecutter, of South Great George's Street, Dublin, probate of whose will was granted in 1803.(1) Masons named Rothery are recorded in the later seventeenth and eighteenth centuries in Dublin, where a William Rothery was working on the Blue Coat School circa 1670(2) and on the Ormonde Bridge in 1682,(3) and a John Rothery on the Tholsel, built between 1676 and 1685.(4). A James Rothery, stonecutter, witnessed the will of Elizabeth Gascoign of Dublin in 1763.(5) See also JOHN ROTHERY  JOHN ROTHERY and ISAAC ROTHERY. ISAAC ROTHERY.


(1) Index of Irish Wills 1484-1858 (Eneclann CD-ROM), Document ID 57913).
(2) Rolf Loeber, A Biographical Dictionary of Architects in Ireland 1600-1720 (1981), 19.
(3) Loeber, op.cit., 96.
(4) Loeber, op.cit., 55.
(5) P.B. Eustace, Registry of Deeds Dublin: Abstracts of Wills II 1746-85 (1954), 160.