Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect, of Dublin, active from 1910 or earlier until 1958 or later. Cecil Robinson, who, according to the 1911 census of Ireland, was born in Dublin in 1882 or 1883, spent most of his career in the public sector, initially with the Local Government Board and, from circa 1920, with the Board of Public Works, where from the early 1930s until 1949 he held the post of valuer and inspector of accommodation. In the directories he is designated Captain from 1938 onwards.  At the time of the 1911 census he had been married for a year to his wife, Dorothy.

AAI: elected member, 1910; ceased membership, 1935.
RIAI: elected member, 1919;(1) resigned, 1957.(2)

Addresses: Home: 9 Seafield Avenue, Blackrock, 1911;  77 Waterloo Road, Dublin, <=1916-1938; 50 Morehampton Road, Donnybrook, 1939->=1958.


All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from the Dublin census of 1911, http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai000432456/ (last visited Feb 2009), Thom's directories and RIAI and AAI membership lists.

(1) JRIAI (1920), 4.
(2) JRIAI (1958), 37.