ROBINSON, JOHN 
- Born: - Died: -
Carpenter and architect, of Waterford, who rebuilt the Tholsel in New Ross, 1806, and St Mary's Church of Ireland church, Kilkenny, in 1820.(1) He is presumably the 'John Robinson, Esq. Waterford' who was a subscriber to William Stitt's The Practical Architect's Ready Assistant; or Builder's Complete Companion (Dublin, 1819). A person of this name supervised the building of Ballynagall House, Co. Westmeath, to designs by FRANCIS JOHNSTON , c.1815.(2)
(1) Datestones on both buildings (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44).
(2) NLI, MS 12149, cited by Eugenie Carr, 'A catalogue of the Stapleton family collection of Drawings in the National Library of Ireland', unpublished MA thesis, University College, Dublin, 1985, 219n45.
3 work entries listed in chronological order for ROBINSON, JOHN 
|Building:||CO. WEXFORD, NEW ROSS, IRISH TOWN, THOLSEL|
|Refs:||IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc.2008/44, citing datestone on building|
|Building:||CO. WESTMEATH, BALLYNAGALL|
|Nature:||Work supervised by a John Robinson.|
|Refs:||NLI, MS 12149, cited by Eugenie Carr, 'A catalogue of the Stapleton family collection of Drawings in the National Library of Ireland', unpublished MA thesis, University College, Dublin, 1985, 219n45.|
|Building:||CO. KILKENNY, KILKENNY, ST MARY'S LANE, CHURCH OF ST MARY (CI)|
|Refs:||E.McP files, citing datestone on church.|