ROBBINS, EDWARD 
- Born: - Died: -
Architect and/or stuccadore, of Dublin. The 'Edward Robins' who was admitted to the Dublin Society's School of Figure Drawing and to the landscape and Ornament School in 1782 and to the School of Drawing in Architecture in on 5 May 1785(1) was very probably the son of EDWARD ROBBINS . He may also be the 'Robins' who was architect of the Methodist Church in Great Charles Street, Dublin, erected in 1800.(2) An Edward Robbins was admitted a Freeman of the City of Dublin by Grace Especial in 1804 as a member of the Guild of Plasterers(3) and was Master of the Guild of Bricklayers in 1811, at which time he was living in Mark Street.(4) In about 1810 he produced a proposal for removing the spire of St Werburgh's church, which was acted upon.(5)
(1) Gitta Willemson, The Dublin Society Drawing Schools 1746-1876 (2000), 83; MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Drawing in Architecture admissions and prizewinners (in IAA).
(2) George Newenham Wright, Historical Guide to Dublin (2nd ed., 1825), 255.
(3) 'An alphabetical list of the Freemen of the City of Dublin, 1774-1824', The Irish Ancestor XV (1983), Nos. 1 & 2, 106.
(4) Wilson's Dublin Directory (1811), ?.
(5) Rev. S.C. Hughes, The Church of S. Werburgh, Dublin (1889), 34
2 work entries listed in chronological order for ROBBINS, EDWARD 
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, CHARLES STREET GREAT, METHODIST CHURCH|
|Nature:||Designed by - Robins, presumably ER..|
Model (with some differences from church as executed) in IAA (Acc.0088/099); G.N. Wright, Historical Guide to Dublin (2nd ed., 1821), 255; Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 137.
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, WERBURGH STREET, ST WERBURGH'S CHURCH (CI)|
|Nature:||Proposal for removing spire, which was acted upon.
|Refs:||Rev. S.C. Hughes, The Church of S. Werburgh, Dublin (1889), 3.|