Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Stuccadore, of Dublin. Edward Robbins was already active in Dublin in the 1770s. He was a subscriber to the 1776 edition of George Richardson's Book of Ceilings, which included a plate of his design for the ceiling for the first-floor front room at 32 St Stephen's Green (Plate 2). He may be the 'Mr Robins' who was paid for plaster at Caledon in 1781.(1) He died at the end of 1790 or in the early months of 1791. A copy of his will, dated 29 October 1790, is in the Irish Architectural Archive together with the grant of administration to his widow Ann Robbins (née Wright) dated 1 April 1791. In his will he left £50 to his son Edward (see EDWARD ROBBINS [2] EDWARD ROBBINS [2] ).

Address: 166 St Stephen's Green, at time of death.


(1) PRONI D2433/38 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44).

1 work entries listed in chronological order for ROBBINS, EDWARD [1]*

Sort by date | Sort alphabetically

Date: 1767p
Nature: First-floor saloon ceiling.  Illustrated in George Richardson's Book of Ceilings (1776).  For Thomas Maude, Baron de Montalt.
Refs: George Richardson, Book of Ceilings (1776), Pl. 2;  Christine Casey, The Buildings of Ireland: Dublin (2005), 540.