- Born: 1878/79 Died: -
Engineer and architect, of Derry. James Reid, who, according to the 1911 census, was born in Co. Donegal in 1878 or 1879, was active as an engineer and architect in Derry from 1910 or earlier until the 1940s. At the time of the 1911 census, he had been married for three years to his Scottish wife, Lillian (née Crawford) and had two children. The family were members of the Plymouth Brethren.
RIAI:(1) elected member, 1920; no longer on list of members after 1938.
RSUA: member by 1937;(2) no longer on list of members after 1947.(3)
Addresses:(4) 42 Spencer Road, Waterside, Derry, by 1910;(5) 17 Spencer Road,1911; Castle Street, 1916;(6) 6 Shipquay Street, <=1921->=1947.
Information in this entry not otherwise attributed is from the 1911 census of Ireland, http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/ (last visited Oct 2009.
(1) From RIAI lists of members.
(2) List of RSUA members in Thom's Directory (1937), 720.
(3) He still appears in the list of RSUA members in Thom's Directory (1948), 414, which would represent the membership in 1947.
(4) From RIAI and RSUA membership lists unless otherwise stated.
(5) A.C. Freeman, ed., The Architect's & Surveyor's Directory & Referendum (1910), 186.
(6) IB 58, 12 Feb 1916, 73.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for REID, JAMES
Sort by date | Sort alphabetically
|Building:||CO. TYRONE, DRUMQUIN, CHURCH (CI, LANGFIELD UPPER PARISH)|
|Nature:||Tenders invited for carrying out alts. & imps.|
|Refs:||IB 58, 12 Feb 1916, 73|