PEARSE, JAMES, & SONS *
- Born: - Died: -
Monumental sculpture workshop, of 27 Great Brunswick Street, Dublin. After the death of JAMES PEARSE his business was carried on for a few years under the name James Pearse & Sons by his younger son, the sculptor William Pearse (1881-1916), with some assistance from his more famous elder son, the lawyer, teacher and patriot Patrick Pearse (1879-1916). The business was still extant in 1908 but probably came to an end soon afterwards, as William began to become involved in teaching art at his brother's schools. Both Patrick and William were executed for their part in the Easter Rising of 1916.
See WORKS (includes work by William Pearse).
8 work entries listed in chronological order for PEARSE, JAMES, & SONS *
|Building:||CO. MAYO, BALLINA, CATHEDRAL OF ST MUIREDACH (RC)|
|Nature:||Lady altar, 1892; communion rails, 1893; font, 1894; Holy Family altar, 1900.|
Drawings in IAA WH Byrne Collection (2006/142).
|Building:||CO. MEATH, TRIM, PATRICK STREET, CHURCH OF ST PATRICK (RC)|
|Refs:||Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 518|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, WILLIAM STREET NORTH, CHURCH OF ST AGATHA (RC)|
|Nature:||William Malone and Pearse & Sons sign agreements to carry out high altar design (by W.H.Byrne?), 1907, altar rails and side altar, 1908.|
|Refs:||IAA, W.H. Byrne & Son drawings collection, Acc. 2006/142|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, WESTLAND ROW, ST ANDREW'S CHURCH (RC)|
|Nature:||Statue of Mater Dolorosa in mortuary chapel by William Pearse.|
|Refs:||Freeman's Journal, 1 Dec 1910; Catholic Dublin: a guide (1932); Theo Snoddy, Dictionary of Irish Artists: 20th Century (1996), 389|
|Building:||CO. DONEGAL, LETTERKENNY, CATHEDRAL OF ST EUNAN (RC)|
|Nature:||Pulpit and altar rail by 'Pearse & Co'.|
|Refs:||Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 343|
|Building:||CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, CATHEDRAL PLACE, CATHEDRAL OF ST JOHN (RC)|
|Nature:||Reredos by William Pearse.|
|Refs:||Theo Snoddy, Dictionary of Irish Artists: 20th Century (1996), 389|
|Building:||CO. MEATH, KILMESSAN, CHURCH OF THE NATIVITY OF MARY (RC)|
|Refs:||Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 364|
|Building:||CO. ARMAGH, MIDDLETOWN, ST LOUIS CONVENT|
|Nature:||Altar furniture in chapel.
Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 452.