Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Engineer, of Bruise Hill, Virginia, Co. Cavan, who designed labourers' cottages for Bailieborough Rural District Council in 1909-10,(1) and the Hibernian Halls at Carnaross, Co. Meath in 1913,(2) and Maghera, Co. Cavan, in 1914.(3) He may also be the 'John O'Reilly' who, according to the Irish Builder, was in charge of the renovation of the Catholic Hall at Ballyconnell, Co. Cavan, in 1911.(4)  In 1924 he applied unsuccessfuly for the position of engineer to Balieborugh Rural District Council, the post being given instead to PHILIP O'REILLY  PHILIP O'REILLY of Salford, Moynalty, Co. Meath.(5)



References



(1) IB 51, 29 May,12 Jun,16 Oct 1909, 341,374,662; 52, 6 Aug 1910, 504.
(2) IB 55, 13 Sep 1913, 591.
(3) IB 56, 14 Feb 1914, 100.
(4) IB 53, 16 Sep 1911, 629.
(5) Irish Times, 17 Apr 1924.


4 work entries listed in chronological order for O'REILLY, PATRICK


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. CAVAN, BAILIEBOROUGH, HOUSES
Date: 1909-10
Nature: Labourers' cottages for Bailieborough RDC.
Refs: IB 51, 29 May,12 Jun,16 Oct 1909, 341,374,662; 52, 6 Aug 1910, 504.

Building: CO. CAVAN, BALLYCONNELL, CATHOLIC HALL
Date: 1911
Nature: Renovation & improvement designed by 'John O'Reilly' (perhaps a mistake for P. O'Reilly).
Refs: IB 53, 16 Sep 1911, 629

Building: CO. MEATH, CARNAROSS, HIBERNIAN HALL
Date: 1913
Nature: New hall about to be erected.
Refs: IB 55, 13 Sep 1913, 591

Building: CO. DERRY, MAGHERA, HIBERNIAN HALL
Date: 1914
Nature: New.
Refs: IB 56, 14 Feb 1914, 100