Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect, of Dublin, active from circa 1930 until circa 1964. Francis O'Neill, who may have been a son of J.J. O'Neill of Dublin,(1) graduated B.Arch. from University College, Dublin, in 1929. After working briefly for the Office of Public Works, he entered the city architect's department of Dublin Corporation in 1934. He left the department in 1960, after which he appears to have practised privately for a time.(2)

AAI: elected member, 1926; no longer on list of members for 1942.
RIAI: elected member, 1931; no longer on list of members for 1966.

Addresses: Home: 410 North Circular Road, Dublin, 1927;(3) 49 Hollybank Road, Clontarf, 1928->=1964.


All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from AAI and RIAI membership lists.

(1) See note 3, below.
(2) IB 105, 25 May,3 Aug,28 Sep 1963, 399,599,745; 106, 11 Apr 1964, 261.
(3) In Thom's Directory (1928), a J.J. O'Neill is named as the occupant of the house.